A leading independent traditional high school for boys.
Thirty-three distinctions between them Cameron Rencken (7), Kwanda Bhengu (6), Nicholas Carroll (7), Taahir Essay (7) Sameer Vawda (6)
Excellent results for the Class of 2016
We are delighted to report that the Class of 2016 has achieved outstanding results in the IEB NSC Examinations and once again done the school proud. We thank them for their contributions to the College in all areas over the past five years and wish them all the best for the future.
Some Kearsney highlights:-
- 98,1% Bachelor Degree (Matric exemption) pass (vs Bachelor Degree pass rate for all IEB schools of 87,61%);
- 100% pass rate;
- Two pupils made the IEB’s Commendable Achievement lists (top 5% of all IEB candidates in 5 subjects).
- 49,4% of Mathematics boys achieved distinctions (IEB schools’ ave: 26,9%);
- 47,5% of Physical Sciences boys achieved distinctions (IEB schools’ ave: 19,3%). Eight boys in the top 50 in SA.
- Sixth consecutive year that Kearsney’s Maths and Science distinction rates have been approximately double those of the IEB;
- 21% of English candidates achieved distinctions (compared to the distinction rate for all IEB schools of 16,3%) and 93% of the boys achieved above 60% for English;
- 68% of Engineering Graphics and Design boys achieved distinctions;
- 47% of Accounting pupils achieved distinctions;
- 44% of Music and 64% of Drama boys achieved distinctions;
- Over a quarter of our boys achieved 4 or more distinctions and over a third of the boys achieved 3 or more distinctions;
- 240 Distinctions at an average of 2,3 distinctions per boy.
Kearsney College will host the Independent Schools’ Cricket Festival from 11 to 13 January 2017.
The following schools will be taking part:
Bishops; Clifton College; Falcon College; Hilton College; Kearsney College Michaelhouse; St David’s, Inanda; St John’s (Harare).
All are welcome to come and watch the cricket and support the teams.
Provincial Cricket selections
Congratulations to the following boys who have been selected to represent KZN Cricket teams in various age groups:
U15: Jordan Bamber (Captain) and Chase Kelly
U17: Luke de Vlieg (Captain)
U19: Brad Porteous (pictured), Matthew Lees, James Stamatis and Lindo Nkabinde
Jean-Luc du Preez selected for Springboks
Congratulations to Jean-Luc du Preez (Class of 2013), who has been included in the Springbok squad for the international clash against the Barbarians on 5 November at the Wembley Stadium in London.
Twelve uncapped players have been included in the 30-man Springbok squad. Four of these players, including Jean-Luc, will remain with the Springbok squad for the remainder of the Castle Lager Outgoing Tour (the Tests against England, Italy and Wales). They are flankers Smit and Du Preez, Petersen (wing) and Venter (centre). The rest of the previously uncapped players return home after the Barbarians match.
Provincial Water Polo selections
Congratulations to the following boys who have been selected to represent KZN at the SA Schools Water Polo tournament to be held in Durban from the 07 to 11 December 2016.
U14: Tyson Andrews and Wesley Marshall
U15: Josh Muller
Reserve: Oliver Carmody
U16: Nick Baines (pictured) and Taine Buys
U19B: James Kenny
Exceptional Achievements for the Class of 2016
Congratulations to the Class of 2016 on a fantastic year and some special achievements. These were celebrated at our annual Speech Day and Grade 12 Prize Giving at the end of the third term. An incredible 30% of the Class received Academic Colours, Honours or Honours Cum Laude.
Dux of School for 2016 is Nicholas Carroll. Runner-up to Dux is Cameron Rencken. These boys and nine other Grade 12 boys achieved Honours Cum Laude, which means their average achievement was over 85%.
We wish all of the Grade 12 boys everything of the best as they prepare for their final IEB examinations.
Rugby: Dylan Richardson selected for SA Schools A team
We are delighted to announce that Dylan Richardson (Grade 11), who played for the Sharks U18 team in Craven Week during July, was selected to the SA School A team which played an U19 international series involving England, Wales and Italy in August.
National Hockey selections
Congratulations to Lyle Jarvel, who was named captain of the U18B SA Schools hockey team, and Guy Morgan captain of the SA Schools U16A team. Our 1st XI coach, Mr Sihle Ntuli, was chosen to coach the SA U16 hockey team.
Twenty-four Kearsney hockey players represented provincial teams in the July holidays.
Rugby: U18 KZN Craven Week team
Congratulations to our five 1st XV players who have been selected for the KZN Craven Week team.
2 Dylan Richardson; 5 Jared Meyer; 6 Luke Croshaw; 8 James Miller; 22 Cameron Ritchie.