Thank you for your interest in Kearsney College.
I hope that the website has answered most of your questions and given you a good feel for Kearsney and the incredible opportunities our pupils enjoy. Kearsney provides its pupils with a world-class holistic education and we hope that one day your son will enjoy the amazing Kearsney experience.
We look forward to helping you explore Kearsney further and helping you to make the best decision for your son.
Robert Carpenter: Marketing Director
We would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with further information on how your son can receive the Kearsney advantage. Please click on the link below to complete our enquiry form and we shall contact you shortly.
A note from the Headmaster
Thank you for exploring Kearsney College, one of South Africa’s greatest schools, as an option for your son.
The holistic education that our boys receive is second to none. Kearsney is a school of excellence, renowned for empowering boys to achieve their full potential in their intellectual, artistic, personal, physical, emotional, moral and spiritual development. Every boy at Kearsney is given the opportunity to find his place in the sun.
Kearsney strives to inspire a life-long passion for learning and ensure that our boys acquire self-esteem, respect for self and others, and the knowledge, skills, confidence and courage to succeed in life and contribute as ethical, responsible citizens.
Please contact us for more information on what Kearsney can offer your son. It would be our privilege to show you around our beautiful campus, introduce you to staff members and let you talk informally to some of our boys.
Elwyn van den Aardweg: Headmaster
The Admissions Team
We understand that applying to a new school can be a daunting task and the Admissions team is committed to assisting prospective families each step of the way.
A campus visit is a great way to experience the culture of the College and to discover if it is the right fit for you. Please contact us if you would like a guided tour – we would enjoy the opportunity to show you around our beautiful campus.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
Marketing Director: Robert Carpenter
Admissions Officer: Cindi Polzi
Marketing Assistant: Noluthando Mbata
Phone:+27 (031) 765 9600
The Admissions Procedure
The high school admission process can seem very intimidating to prospective families so we would like to shed some light on our process and help ease the anxiety.
Requirements for admission
An entrance examination, the latest school report and a confidential report which we will obtain from the applicant’s current school form the basis for assessment for admission. Selection is based on a boy’s perceived potential to thrive at, and contribute to, the College. Typically this would be a well-rounded boy who gets widely involved at school, has positive relations with his peers and adults and who is happy to embrace our Honour Code and Code of Conduct.
Timeline for Grade 8 Admissions
- Submit the Application Form and accompanying documents as soon as possible, but at least before the end of the applicant’s Grade 6 year.
- An optional interview with the Headmaster or Marketing Director and a tour of the campus is offered to applicants towards the end of their Grade 6 or the start of their Grade 7 year.
- Mid-January: Registered applicants in Grade 7 are invited to apply for appropriate scholarships, if eligible. Qualifying criteria will be detailed in the correspondence.
- February: Information Evenings are held at the school for Grade 7 boys and their parents.
- February/March: Shortlisted scholarship candidates will be invited to be interviewed.
- March: Entrance Assessments are written by all applicants at our Open Weekend, in the year preceding admission.
- Mid‐April: Scholarships and places are offered on the dates as prescribed by The Independent Schools Association of South Africa (ISASA).
- In the event of an offer of a place from the College, the Enrolment Agreement must be completed and the acceptance fee paid.
- End November: Boys who are enrolled to enter the College the following year attend the “My Bright Future” orientation weekend.
Applying to Kearsney College
We are pleased that you feel that Kearsney could be a good fit for your son and are interested in exploring the College further.
To apply for your son to attend Kearsney, please download and complete the application form and return the completed form to email@example.com, together with the required documentation (please see list below) and proof of payment of the required application fee.
Our banking account: Standard Bank, Hillcrest Branch, Account No. 052 019 365, Branch Code 045726. Swift Code: SBZAZAJJ. Payment reference “APP/Surname.Name”.
Please submit the following with your application form:
- Your son’s Birth Certificate containing parental details (or other birth certificate together with both parents’ ID documents if not available)
- Proof of payment of the Application Fee. (Payment reference: APP/Surname.Name)
- One passport-sized photo of your son (if your son is in Grade 6 or higher)
- Latest school report (if your son is in Grade 6 or higher)
Kearsney College offer a limited number of scholarships each year to candidates who have achieved extraordinary levels of performance in academics, sport and/or music.
In January of the year preceding entry, we invite registered applicants to submit an application for the appropriate scholarship/s should they meet the minimum criteria as stipulated on the scholarship application form. Shortlisted scholarship candidates will be invited to an interview in April of the same year.
Bursaries may be awarded to Grade 7 pupils who wish to attend Kearsney College from Grade 8, but for financial reasons are unable to do so. Full financial disclosure is required in the application process. In awarding such bursaries, the Bursary and Financial Assistance Sub-Committee takes into consideration the child’s potential to make a contribution to Kearsney, whether academic, cultural, sporting, or as a positive leader in the school community. The financial position of the parents is a major factor in the awarding of bursaries and these awards are made in the year prior to a pupil joining the College.