How a Kearsney Class Fund works
Please click here to join our circle of valued donors. A few notes on the quick and easy steps…
Step 1: Indicate your gift amount
Step 2: Select “Bursary” to check if you have a class fund registered. If not select “Gift at the discretion of the Headmaster” and specify your class under comments
Step 3: Select a once off gift or a recurring debit order and provide your bank details
Step 4: Provide your personal details (required to provide your RSA Section 18a Tax Certificate)
Step 5: Give Payment Options (other than a recurring debit order): e.g. PayFast for Credit Card
- WHO: Anyone associated with the Class in anyway, may invest in this fund. We invite parents, grandparents, friends, or any friend of Kearsney to be a part of this initiative.
- HOW: It is quick, easy and safe to pledge on-line and to specify the Class as the beneficiary. Please click here to sign-on and join us. Gifts can be made as a lump sum donation, monthly debit order; you could raise funds through an event such as a golf day, or nominate the Class Fund through a bequest in a Will.
- TAX BENEFIT: All RSA donations received directly by the fund are tax deductible as Kearsney is a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO). The Kearsney Foundation is in place to issue tax certificates and manage affairs related to this fund. Click through for tax benefits in the USA
- WELL MANAGED: All funds are invested by Sanlam Private Wealth, the portfolio managers appointed by the Trustees of the Kearsney Development Trust which was established in 1982. The income earned is reinvested until the lump sum endowed can fund a Class Bursary Fund with some of the interest income being saved annually to grow the fund to ensure the fund stays ahead of inflation.
- REPORTING: The class will nominate one or two representatives to liaise with the Kearsney Foundation on feedback to supporters regarding the Funds progress, criteria of the bursary and awarding of the recipient in conjunction with the Headmaster and Admissions/Marketing team. Once the sum of R50,000 is raised and 10 monthly supporters are signed up, a web page will be set-up on the Kearsney Foundation page on kearsney.com (For example click here to view the Class of 2007 Memorial Fund’s web page). Similarly the Class Fund will feature in the Foundation Report in the Chronicle